4513 WILLIAMS RD FORT WORTH, TX 76116

817-560-0030

Select Page

About Our Church

Redeemer Lutheran Church is a Confessional Lutheran Church and a member of the
LCMS. It has served the west Ridglea, White Settlement, and Benbrook communities
since organizing August 1, 1954 with 27 charter members. A joint mission of the Texas
District-Lutheran Church Missouri Synod in cooperation with the Fort Worth Mission
Society of the Lutheran Church, Redeemer began with an initial membership of thirty
three souls with sixteen communicants.

The first service was held in the auditorium of the R.D. Evans Recreation Center in
Fort Worth on August 1, 1954. Four months later, four acres of land at our current location
between Williams Road and Highway 377 were purchased.
In 1956 the parsonage and parish hall, which originally served as the Sanctuary, was completed. The new Sunday
School wing was built a year later. In July 1958, our daughter congregation, Trinity Lutheran Church, Weatherford,
Texas had its beginnings.

In 1962, Redeemer Lutheran Church became self-supporting and established Redeemer Lutheran School with one
kindergarten class of eleven students. In December 1962, Redeemer’s second daughter congregation, Good
Shepherd Lutheran Church, Azle, Texas was began. Construction of our current Sanctuary was begun in 1965, and
it was dedicated in 1966. In 1995, the first phase of the new Family Life Center began, and the gymnasium, kitchen
and additional classrooms were added. In that same year, we welcomed Pastor David Grassley as our new pastor.
In November, 2015, we celebrated his 30th ordination anniversary. On August 1, 2014, we celebrated our 60th
Anniversary in the service of God and our community. We continue to thank Him for all the opportunities he has
provided for us to do His work, and we pray for his continued blessings in the years to come.

Pastors

 

1954-1960 Herbert A. Rast
1960-1961 Richard W. Pratt (Interim)
1961-1966 Keith C. Fox
1966-1967 Chaplain Carl C. Reiter & Harold Hein (Interim)
1967-1973 Arlin A. Holtz
1973-1974 Harold Hein (Interim)
1974-1981 Paul J. Short
1981-1982 Victor Neeb (Interim)
1982-1989 Carl C. Reiter
1989-1990 Harold Hein (Interim)
1990-1992 Thomas Bode
1992-1995 Richard A. Nelson (Interim)
1995 – present

 

Pastor David A. Grassley

 

Pastor David Grassley, was born and raised in Portland Oregon. He graduated from
Oregon State University in 1972 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical
Engineering. After graduating, he entered the engineering profession in the food
processing industry in the San Francisco Bay area.

In 1982, he entered Concordia Theological Seminary in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
During his time at Concordia, he served his vicarage at Memorial Lutheran Church
in Houston, Texas. He graduated and was ordained in 1985 and was installed as
Associate Pastor at Memorial that same year.

 

Pastor Grassley accepted the Call as pastor of Redeemer Lutheran Church in the summer of 1995 and was
installed here on September 17, 1995. He and his wife Patricia have been married since 1972 and have two sons,
Scott and Philip.

 

Vicars

 

2001/2002 Andrew D. Guagenti
2002/2003 David C. Bott
2004/2005 Troy D. Scroggins
2005/2006 Stephen Kieser